The Mkapa Foundation a non-profit making TRUST has continued exploring sustainable partnership with the, Private sector in addition to the Government and Donors that have generously donated financially and in-kind to facilitate implementation of the Foundation’s 5 years Strategic Plan.
Dr. Ellen Mkondya-Senkoro, CEO-BMF and Ms. Jacqueline Woiso, CEO (Designate) – Bank M speaking at a press conference held on 17th May 2016 at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Dar es Salaam
Speaking during the press conference held after signing the partnership agreement between Bank M and the Mkapa Foundation, Dr. Ellen Mkondya-Senkoro, CEO of BMF, thanked Bank M for their support. “The Foundation is specifically pleased to benefit from Bank M as our sole partner from the banking industry, whereas through their Corporate Social Responsibility policy, Bank M has for the past 4 years contributed handsomely to the Foundation. We are pleased to see our partnership is maturing and further cemented with a signed bilateral memorandum of understanding between the two Institutions. We like to take this opportunity to thank Bank M for embracing the cooperation towards this noble course of improving health and well being of Tanzanians, especially in underserved areas” said Dr. Ellen.
She continues that since 2012, Bank M has been partnering with BMF for implementing their programmes targeting to combat HIV and AIDS, Maternal New Born health and crisis of Human Resource for Health which has benefitted million people in residing in rural Tanzania.
During the recent fundraising event held by BMF on 13th April 2016 at the Golden Jubilee Towers in Dar es Salaam, BMF raised Tshs 1.17 Billion from different stakeholders. The event was also commemorating the Foundation’s 10 year anniversary and launching of its new name “The Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation”.
“On behalf of the Board of Trustees, Management and Staff of the Mkapa Foundation, we would like to convey our gratitude to everyone who have made our event a success thus raising funds for this noble course” concluded Dr. Ellen”.
Bank M’s Chief Executive Officer (Designate) Ms. Jacqueline Woiso articulated that Bank M is proud to be part of the successful journey that the Foundation has had in the past 10 years. “Our bank is always dedicated to supporting the community based projects. It is our policy to work together with other reputable organizations in making a difference to the community and this project is clear confirmation of our commitment. Our bank will continue supporting such projects as our ultimate goal is to enhance welfare of the society. For the year 2016 we have donated 200million/- to the Foundation” said Ms. Jacqueline.
Dr. Ellen Mkondya-Senkoro, CEO-BMF and Ms. Jacqueline Woiso, CEO (Designate) – Bank M speaking with journalist at a press conference held on 17th May 2016 at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Dar es Salaam
This year the Mkapa Foundation hosted the 3rd Fundraising event since the first one held in year 2012 in Dar Es Salaam and the 2nd one was in Mwanza in year 2014. The aim of raising funds from Corporates, Parastatals and Individuals is to support the BMF’s five years Strategic Plan of 2013 – 2018 which is costed at Tshs136 billion. The 5 years plans aims to benefit directly and indirectly at least 20 million people by 2018, by reinforcing HIV and AIDS services; Reproductive, Maternal, New born and Child health services; improving health workforce policies, systems and practices and enhancing community health education, promotion and awareness. Until January 2016, the Foundation had already secured 55% of the costed plan funding through donors and Corporates thus the remaining 45% funding gap will continue to be mobilized through proposal write ups and annual fundraising locally.