Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision towards healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic mission is to contribute towards the attainment of better health outcomes through innovative health and related system solutions.
BMF’s vision and mission can be achieved through empowered workforce, which is self-motivated, committed to growth and integrity, and the one who seeks excellence in execution. BMF seeks for innovative, self-driven, dynamic, and competent qualified candidates to fill the below vacancy: –
Position Title: Programme Officer – Community Health Services
Reports to: Programme Manager – Community Health Services
Duty Station: Mbeya
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- The overall responsibilities will be to work as a link technical person between the Region, District, Community Health care Workers, Beneficiary Communities, Community-Based Organizations, or groups and BMF. He/ She will take a lead role at the BMF field office level for the implementation of the community health services projects and other related initiatives that aim to improve delivery of services at all health care levels. Tasks involved in this job are expected to be combined with a need for good coordination and observation.
- In collaboration with the Regional, District teams and BMF staff at the Head quarter and Field offices, the specific responsibilities for the Program Officer will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Projects leadership.
- Oversees the overall portfolio of community service delivery and quality improvement activities linked with the use of CHWs.
- Oversee the engagement and ensures effective management of the Community Health Care Workers.
- Coordinate and lead implementation of organizational responsive Community health services and Systems interventions at the community, district, and regional levels.
- Work with Councils Health Service Boards (CHSBs), Health Facility Governing Committees (HFGCs) and Village Social Service Committees (VSSC) in identifying strengths, areas of improvement, develop plans for improvement and facilitate the implementation of these plans.
- Facilitate functionality and or re-instatement of the Village Social Services Committees at the village level in collaboration with the respective Local Government Authorities (LGA).
- Oversee the identification and engagement of influential people, community leaders (formal/informal) and religious leaders as well as their orientation on social accountability and human centered design.
- Ensure training and engagement of community health care workers in conducting community level social dialogues for development of customized and community owned health solutions.
- In collaboration with the LGAs provide facilitative supervision to the Community Health care workers and their supervisory structures while implementing community activities.
- Actively participate in regional and council level meetings and ensure good representation of BMFs work as appropriate.
- Implement all program activities in a timely and self-sufficient manner, multi-tasking and prioritizing as necessary and ensuring that program strategies are based on sound technical content and are sustainable.
- Take part in designing of initiatives that will accelerate responsive community systems.
- Take part in documenting best practices, success stories, challenges and learned lessons during implementation of different interventions.
Management and Administration
- Work with and through the Monitoring & Evaluation department, and respective Regions and Districts to facilitate timely data collection for all tracked indicators, analyze data, develop conclusions, promote recommendations, and document results.
- Maintain close working relationship with key players from the Regional to the community level including NGO’s and CSOs implementing different interventions in the project supported regions and districts.
- Develop periodic reporting as per institutional reporting frameworks while ensuring timeliness and quality.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure achievement of project and organization goals.
- Keep up to date on developments and new evidence concerning different responsive community systems interventions.
- Maintain regular contact and share information with colleagues as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Social Sciences or Nursing. Post graduate qualification in Community health, public health or other related field will be of an added advantage.
- Technical expertise in community health intervention with at least 5 years experiences in implementing community health projects
- Experience in working within regional, local government authorities and CSOs
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including ability to develop reports and presentations
- Computer Literacy and good ability of using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
MODE OF APPLICATION:
For all interested candidate send your achievement focused CV, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation, via email: email@example.com The advert can also be found on our website: www.mkapafoundation.or.tz
The deadline for application is on Tuesday 21st September 2021
BMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, BENJAMIN WILLIAM MKAPA FOUNDATION