VOTES OF THANKS MADE BY THE CHAIR OF THE BMF BOARD OF TRUSTEES, DR. ADELINE KIMAMBO DURING THE BMF HEALTH SYMPOSIUM HELD ON TUESDAY, 1ST OCTOBER 2019 AT THE SERENA HOTEL, DAR ES SALAAM
- Your Excellency Benjamin William Mkapa
- Deputy Minister of Health – Hon. Dr. Faustine Ndungulile,
- Permanent Secretaries,
- Your Excellences Ambassadors & Representatives of International Organizations and UN Agencies here present,
- CEO and Company Representatives here present,
- Distinguished Guests
- Ladies and Gentlemen
On behalf of the Board of Trustees of the Benjamin Mkapa Foundation, I hereby wish to thank each and every individual in here, for your presence today, which conveys your commitments towards the development agenda that touches lives and health of the society.
- I sincerely thank Your Excellency Benjamin William Mkapa for your continued visionary leadership that has sustainably branded the Mkapa Foundation to the current credible status.
- I also express our deep sense of appreciation to the Government of Tanzania represented by the Deputy Minister for Health, Dr. Faustine Ndugulile. Your presence is a reflection of a trusted partnership of Government with BMF, which has lasted since when we were conceived in year 2006. The Board of BMF is confident that our impactful and sustained cooperation will prevail, thus guaranteeing realization of the National and International development targets.
- I am also very grateful to, Your Excellency Ambassadors, Representatives of Development Partners and UN Agencies for your attendance, which reveals your continued commitment in collaborating with the Foundation and the Government of Tanzania, to achieve the sustainable development goals.
- Moreover, I recognize and thank the Executives from the Corporates, Private Sector and Parastatals for creating time out of your busy schedule to join us. The forged partnership with the Private Sector is unique and highly encouraged for scale up.
- Our deepest appreciations are further expressed to the Heads of various local and international Non-State Actors or Civil Society Organizations, including Faith Based Institutes. It is our anticipation that the ongoing strategic and mutual partnerships, consortiums, and/or alliances will be beneficial and sustainable, for bigger impact.
- May I also take this opportunity to thank our Chief Facilitator – Mr. Taji Liundi for a well-moderated session. Likewise, my sincere appreciations are further extended to the panelists and the moderators- Yahya Ipuge and Dr. Khadija Kweka, for the thought-provoking discussions and recommendations. Asanteni sana.
Your Excellency, Ladies and Gentlemen,
Last but not least, I hereby wish to acknowledge the continued teamwork portrayed by the BMF Management and Staff under the dynamic leadership of Dr. Ellen Mkondya-Senkoro, which has further advanced the Foundation to greater heights.
Thanks to all the organizers of the event, particularly the CRDB Bank who sponsored today’s event-asanteni sana, and I further appreciate the work done by the Event manager, Decorators, Media and the Serena Hotel team.
Once again the Foundation commits to sustain the complementary work of bringing Hope to the underserved, in an impactful and sustained manner, through the great cooperation of each one of you.
Asanteni sana, and I wish you a good afternoon.